A nebulizer is a machine used for different disorders related to breathing problems. As you add heavy medical doses into the machine, it starts passing directly to our lungs and gives a person instant relief.
Doctors often recommend nebulizer therapy for toddlers and children when they are congested or have breathing problems, even if they are ill with a cold. Medicine that can be given through a nebulizer machine to relieve breathing problems is readily transmitted via the device.
When it comes to kids, we should be aware of the things we use for them. Nebulizers should be purchased by knowing everything about it.
Let me help you with the nebulizer kit, and it’s working with some of the nebulizer products to realize the difference and buy the best one that can help your baby recover fast.
These are good for children as they cannot take tablets. It makes the medicine into a mist form to inhale through a nebulizer inhaler and treat themselves with all the medication.
Here’s a brief summary of this article to help you make an informed purchase when selecting the best nebulizer machine for kids.
- After research, I recommend Dr Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer Machine Kit (White) and Dr Trust Junior Compressor Nebulizer Complete kit with Child and Adult mask as the best Nebulizer for kids due to the technology used and look of the product.
- However, if you want a completely portable option that can run on batteries go for – Dr Trust Portable Ultrasonic Mesh Nebulizer Machine Cool Mist Inhaler for Children and Adults
- For a budget-friendly option, choose Control D Blue & White Compressor Complete Kit Nebulizer with Child and Adult Masks
- Remember that a Nebulizer with a mouthpiece is not suitable for infants or toddlers. Buy one with facemask support for inhalation.
- When picking the best kid’s nebulizer, keep in mind the size of the facemask, the typical nebulization rate, and the chamber medicinal capacity. A minimum of a one-year warranty is suggested.
- What is a Nebulizer?
- Understanding Parts of a Nebulizer
- How to use a Nebulizer?
- Review of 12 Best Nebulizers for Kids
- 1. Dr Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer Machine Kit (White)
- 2. Handynab Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer
- 3. Omron NE C28 Compressor Nebulizer for Child and Adult with Virtual Valve Technology
- 4. Dr Trust Junior Compressor Nebulizer Complete Kit with Child and Adult Mask
- 5. AGARO NB- 21 Compressor Nebulizer with 5 Air filters, Adult & Child Mask
- 6. Philips Home Nebulizer with SideStream Disposable Kit (White)
- 7. Dr Trust Portable Ultrasonic Mesh Nebulizer Machine Cool Mist Inhaler for Children and Adults
- 8. Bestest Plus Compressor Nebulizer Machine Complete Kit with Child & Adult Mask (With Flow Controller)
- 9. Control D Blue & White Compressor Complete Kit Nebulizer with Child and Adult Masks
- 10. AmbiTech NC-11Compressor Nebulizer machine Kit White
- 11. Omron Ultra Compact & Low Noise Compressor Nebulizer for Child & Adult (White)
- 12. Beurer Nebulizer, German Technology (IH18)
- Types of Nebulizers
- Things to Consider Before Buying a Nebulizer
- Tips for Infants & Kids
- How to Clean the Nebulizer After Use?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Parting Thoughts
My Top Choices of Nebulizers for Kids
|Product Image||Product Name||Medicine Capacity||Shop Now|
|Top||Dr Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer Machine Kit (White)||8ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Handynab Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer||5ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Omron NE C28 Compressor Nebulizer For Child and Adult With Virtual Valve Technology||7ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Dr Trust Junior Compressor Nebulizer Complete kit with Child and Adult mask||10ml||Buy On Amazon|
|AGARO NB- 21 Compressor Nebulizer with 5 Air filters, Adult & Child Mask||6ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Philips Home Nebulizer with SideStream Disposable Kit (White)||2.5ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Dr Trust Portable Ultrasonic Mesh Nebulizer Machine Cool Mist Inhaler for Children and Adults (White)||8ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Bestest Plus Compressor Nebulizer Machine Complete Kit With Child & Adult Mask (With Flow Controller)||8ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Control D Blue & White Compressor Complete Kit Nebulizer with Child and Adult Masks||5ml||Buy On Amazon|
|AmbiTech NC-11Compressor Nebulizer Machine Kit White (1 YEAR WARRANTY)||5ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Omron Ultra Compact & Low Noise Compressor Nebulizer for Child & Adult (White)||12ml||Buy On Amazon|
|Beurer Nebulizer, German Technology (IH18), white (IH 18) with 2 mask||8ml||Buy On Amazon|
What is a Nebulizer?
When a person goes through any breathing complications, nebulizers are handy machines to pass the medicines directly to our respective organs.
A Nebulizer is a breathing machine that turns the liquid solution into a fine mist, making breathing easier. Because the conversion from liquid to mist happens rapidly, it provides quick relief.
They are very useful in treating respiratory conditions.
It is equipment that can be kept in your bags and can be used when required.
Get the best nebulizer for kids to speed up their recovery from any disorder related to breathing.
Understanding Parts of a Nebulizer
Compressor – The nebulizer has a compressor with the help of which a person can inhale their medicine.
Nebulizer Cup– Then comes the nebulizer cup/chamber, a cylinder made of plastic that helps to hold drugs from the compressor through the pipe.
Tube – The thin transparent pipe that transmits the compressed air from the compressor to the cup.
Face Mask – A face mask or a mouthpiece helps deliver the medication to our lungs by covering our mouth and nose.
How to use a Nebulizer?
Step 1 – Attach all the parts of the Nebulizer kit.
Step 2 – Add medicine to the chamber of the nebulizer to hold it, and carry it to the compressor in some droplets. (Remember to use the medicine as prescribed by the doctor).
Step 3 – Use the facemask by covering the mouth and nose to inhale the medicine.
Step 4 – Start breathing to inhale all the drug that is present in the inhaler.
Step 5 – Keep doing this until you are left with nothing in the cylinder.
Step 6 – Keep doing this until you are left with nothing in the cylinder. Then turn off the nebulizer after its use.
Review of 12 Best Nebulizers for Kids
1. Dr Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer Machine Kit (White)
- The first product in this category is the Dr. Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer Machine Kit which is a medical grade device. It is FDA-approved and one of the best machines to use at home.
- This Nebulizer is designed in a manner to help you with all your chronic illnesses like asthma, bronchitis, and COPD.
- It has a whole kit in it designed according to human anthropometric.
- One of the advantages of this nebulizer machine is that the airflow can be controlled with the rotatable flow adjuster at the tube’s end.
- It can be the best choice for kids to help them with their breathing issues as it is very easy to use and can be used while lying down as well.
- It has a chamber capacity of 8 ml and is also effective for chronic coughing and wheezing.
- Lightweight and easy handle for better grip of the product.
It doesn’t produce heavy noise. Avoids disturbance while using.
It has an adjustable device to control the flow of mist easily when required.
Can be used by both adults and kids as it has 2 different masks.
5 air filters for future replacement are provided in the box.
Compact and lightweight, Portable.
☒ The control button of vapor flow gets loose with time while using.
☒ 6 months warranty only. Read instructions carefully while buying.
2. Handynab Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer
- This nebulizer can be the best choice for kids as it helps to convert the liquid medicine into small particles to inhale for respiratory issues. It is effective for small kids.
- A safety fuse is included to protect you against electrical hazards.
- The product includes everything you need in 1 kit – 1 Nulife Handyneb Nebulizer, 1 Bag, Warranty card, Mask Kit, Pump.
It has a packing of two masks, one for babies and another for adults.
It has an anti-shock bag to put the equipment inside to avoid contact with the baby.
The medicine chamber has markings for the measurement of medicine filling.
Lightweight and portable.
☒ The compressor is slow, takes a lot of time in vaporizing medicine.
3. Omron NE C28 Compressor Nebulizer for Child and Adult with Virtual Valve Technology
- The Omron NE C28 is equipped with virtual valve technology that can help to recover from chronic issues like asthma, allergies, any respiration disorder.
- The compressor in the Omron NE-C28 nebulizer is designed to have a long shelf life. It can safely handle multiple doses a day.
- Made with Japanese technology – Virtual Valve technology, it maximizes drug availability during inhalation and minimizes wastage during exhalation.
- The Omron NE-C28 is a safe and dependable nebulizer for people of all ages.
- Noise level is low so it is easy to use for kids without facing any discomfort.
- Easy and safe to clean.
✔ Low noise.
✔ Has high medication capacity up to 7 ml.
✔ Users can get up to 3 years of extended warranty.
☒ Expensive compared to other brands in this category.
☒ Quite heavy.
4. Dr Trust Junior Compressor Nebulizer Complete Kit with Child and Adult Mask
- The best thing about this product is that it can attract any child due to its design. It has the toy shape of a Penguin to distract kids while using it.
- It is extremely effective for cough, wheezing, asthma, COPD, bronchitis, and other conditions that require nebulization.
- The device transforms the medication into an aerosol mist that is most efficiently absorbed by the lungs.
- The machine comes with two masks (1adult, 1kid), a mouthpiece, a pipe attachment, 5spare filters, and mask attachments.
- The user manual may not be sufficient enough to understand the usage or installation of this product so you may need to go through YouTube videos of the same.
✔ Child-friendly design makes it easier to be used with kids.
✔ Can be used by adults as well.
✔ Compact and effective.
✔ Mist flow can be adjusted through a flow adjuster.
☒ The nebulizer vibrates a little.
☒ Does not include a bag to keep all the attachments.
☒ 6 months warranty only.
5. AGARO NB- 21 Compressor Nebulizer with 5 Air filters, Adult & Child Mask
- The Agaro NB-21 Compressor Nebulizer is a compact and convenient nebulizer.
- It provides efficient treatment for asthma and other respiratory allergies.
- The nebulizer transforms the drug into microscopic aerosol droplets, allowing children to easily breathe it in.
- It can be used by both adults and children. Travel friendly and can be easily used at home as well.
- The box contains: Compressor Nebulizer, Nebulizing Cup, Mouth Piece, Adult & Child Mask, Air Tube, 5 Pcs of replaceable filters, Manual & Warranty Card.
✔ Easy to operate.
✔ Shows the medication result soon when used for few times.
✔ Less noisy hence suitable for kids.
✔ 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty and comes with 5 Pcs of replaceable filters.
☒ Few customers feel that it produces 40% less vapor compared to other branded products.
6. Philips Home Nebulizer with SideStream Disposable Kit (White)
- Philips Home Nebulizer with SideStream Disposable kit is designed to make breathing medication easy and comfortable.
- It is lightweight and simple to operate.
- SideStream uses the active venturi system and has been created to draw more air in, resulting in fast drug delivery and short treatment times. In short, it takes very little time for making aerosol and treatment can be done in as quickly as 6 minutes.
- One of the smallest home nebulizers by Philips.
- It has 5 ml medicine capacity and a 1 year warranty.
- It comes with a compressor with disposal nebulizer, Tubing mouth piece, Adult face mask, Face mask for kids and an Instruction Manual.
✔ It helps in delivering the drug from the machine effortlessly.
✔ Very useful for traveling as it is lightweight and compact.
✔ Useful for adults and kids alike as it provides fast treatment.
✔ Its main purpose is to work as an inhaler to inhale the medicines.
☒ Makes noise while using the equipment.
7. Dr Trust Portable Ultrasonic Mesh Nebulizer Machine Cool Mist Inhaler for Children and Adults
- At times, it gets extremely difficult to make babies use nebulizers especially since they do not sit still.
- So if you are looking for a portable nebulizer, this Dr. Trust Portable Mesh Nebulizer is for you.
- This nebulizer is handy and easy to travel. You can easily carry your baby in one hand while using the nebulizer in the other hand as it runs on batteries, no need to worry about the cords or wires. (you can use rechargeable batteries if you travel a lot).
- It is made mainly for children to help them get the mist medication into their lungs to avoid breathing concerns.
- It comes with a detachable medicine chamber for easy pouring of medicines. The chamber capacity is 8 ml.
- The product has 2 power sources – USB and AA batteries. 2 AA batteries are provided and the product has a 1-year warranty.
- Make sure you clean it correctly as per the instructions provided with the product otherwise it will stop working.
✔ The airflow of mist is strong to inhale for better recovery.
✔ The product produces low noise while using.
✔ Lightweight and pocket-size (98gm).
☒ It doesn’t work with all types of medicines.
8. Bestest Plus Compressor Nebulizer Machine Complete Kit with Child & Adult Mask (With Flow Controller)
- This product from Dr. Trust is one of the top-selling nebulizers in India.
- The medicines get converted to small particles, and the mist flow is adjustable according to the use of the product. Flow adjuster allows you to adjust level of nebulization ranging between 0.5 -5 ml/min. This makes it easier to inhale especially for kids.
- It is convenient to use for all types of age groups.
- The product is handy but creates a good impact after use.
- It has an 8 ml capacity and has a storage chamber that can be useful to store aerosol medication and other accessories.
- Product comes with a 1 year warranty.
✔ Produces low noise to allow children to sleep during the usage.
✔ Compatible with different medicines and saline water.
✔ A high-quality, hospital-grade nebulizer that may be used conveniently at home.
☒ Few customers feel that the mask provided cannot be used by a one year old child but only kids of 2-3 years of age.
9. Control D Blue & White Compressor Complete Kit Nebulizer with Child and Adult Masks
- If your kid is going through some crucial breathing problem or minor cold and cough, this product is the right choice for you. It gives results instantly and can be used for anybody of different age groups.
- It is a very simple and easy-to-use nebulizer machine.
- The product is compact in size and has an easy-to-carry handle.
- It has a medicine capacity of 5 ml and a warranty of 1 year.
- The kit contains an adult mask and a child mask to be used for all age groups.
- Points to remember while using this machine – The green cap within the medicine chamber is in charge of generating the mist. Make sure the cap is fitted properly within the chamber. You want to avoid any leaks in the connections between the mask and medicine chamber, medicine chamber and air tube, and air tube and nebulizer outlet. Also, don’t bend the air tube since this might cause the circulation to be interrupted.
✔ It can be easily used for your child’s breathing difficulty to get instant results.
✔ Budget-friendly option.
☒ You cannot use this nebulizer while lying down.
10. AmbiTech NC-11Compressor Nebulizer machine Kit White
- AmbiTech Compressor Nebulizer was developed in consultation with respiratory therapists for successful treatment.
- The single button mode simplifies operation for smooth drug administration at home.
- It is easy to use and reliable nebulizer machine to use at home.
- This nebulizer can store up to 5 ml of medicines to convert them into a mist.
- It is highly recommended for all age groups and has a 1 year warranty.
- The box contains Nebulizer, Adult Mask, Child Mask, Medicine Chamber, 3 replacement air filters, and Air Tube.
✔ Extremely budget-friendly machine.
✔ The machine works with low noise without disturbing the kids.
✔ Can be carried out while traveling because of its handy nature.
☒ The mist formation is low compared to other brands.
11. Omron Ultra Compact & Low Noise Compressor Nebulizer for Child & Adult (White)
- As the name suggests, this compressor nebulizer is compact and makes less noise while using.
- Fast and Effective Nebulization – The aerosol medicine is broken down into 4.56 micrometer particles to reach lower airways, ensuring quick and efficient therapy.
- The Omron Ultra Compact & Low Noise Nebulizer helps the children with effective inhalation procedures.
- It is highly recommended for asthma treatment and for treating the cough properly.
- The Omron nebulizer comes with all of the necessary components. It includes an inhalation top, a medicine tank, a mouthpiece, a vaporizer head, and two masks: one for adults and one for small children.
- The mouthpiece is intended for individuals who can control their breathing. It’s only suggested if you’re comfortable with it.
- Suitable for home use, it has a fuss-free functionality. The medicine capacity is 12 ml.
- The Omron Nebulizer has a durable sturdy plastic body and is easy to clean.
The groove in the main unit keeps the medicine funnel in place for easy pouring of medication.
It is light in weight and easy to operate.
Low noise compared to other brands – so helpful to use for kids and elderly.
☒ People having Sinus problems cannot use this product.
12. Beurer Nebulizer, German Technology (IH18)
- The Beurer is a reliable nebulizer made with German Technology (IH18) and has a 5-year warranty.
- It employs compressed air technology to guarantee that the medicine is atomized as effectively as possible. As a result, the actual inhalation time is short since the medication is rapidly absorbed by the lungs. There is also less wastage of aerosol.
- It is good for chronic diseases like bronchitis, COPD, asthama and pneumonia.
- It comes with a nebuliser bottle, mouthpiece, adult mask, child mask, compressed air tube and filter.
- A storage bag with a zipper is also provided that protects the device from harm and allows for easy access after usage.
- It needs a 3 pin UK plug for electric connection.
✔ Produces less noise as compared to other brands.
✔ The material of the product is friendly for kids as it has no sharp edges.
✔ German made and reliable. Compressed air technology for effective nebulization.
☒ No flow adjustment valve.
Types of Nebulizers
There are several different types of nebulizers, each with its own features and benefits –
- Jet Nebulizer – This type presses air through the liquid at high speeds using a piston or diaphragm pump to move the medicine into the chamber where it is sprayed. It requires that someone breathes in order for treatment to begin and has a low treatment capacity. Also known as Pistontype Nebulizer.
- Ultrasonic Nebulizer – This type of nebulizer uses high-frequency waves to break the liquid into droplets. No additional air is required as this occurs within the machine itself, and no compressed air or heat is used which makes it safe for those with breathing tubes. It has a high treatment capacity and is generally quiet due to its noise-free operation. However, it is more costly than other types of nebulizers.
- Mesh Nebulizer – This type of nebulizer uses a metal mesh to break the liquid into small particles. It does not require compressed air or heat, making it safe for those with breathing tubes, and is quieter than other types of nebulizers because it operates on low-frequency sound waves.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Nebulizer
- Types of Nebulizers : The nebulizer comes according to the use for the kids. The best nebulizer for kids’ type is recommended above. There is a different kind of nebulizer according to the medication required. There are Jet nebulizers, Compressor nebulizer, and Mesh Nebulizer. Check above.
- Design : Try to buy a product that is easy to carry. Handy products can be easy to travel with and can be used anytime in terms of emergency.
- Type of Medication : It should support all types of medication to avoid buying multiple products. A single product can be helpful for all kinds of medication services.
- Medication System : Nebulizers utilize a variety of methods to deliver medication. The most frequent approach is to use a compressor to deliver medicine, yielding a breathable mist by forcing air through the liquid medication. Some nebulizers use high-frequency waves to vaporize the medicine; they have a noise-free operation and are light-weighted than the ones mentioned above. Another type of nebulizer uses vibrating mesh to generate a fine spray of medication that is more effective and less wasteful than compressed air.
- Speed of Medication Delivery : It means the speed and efficiency with which the nebulizer should deliver the mist properly to our respiratory parts. It will help for a faster recovery in case of severe patient issues.
- Noise Level : Try to get the nebulizer with low noise production or is quiet while in use for better comfort.
- Price & Warranty : Check the pricing of the product before buying it. Is the product budget-friendly or appropriate to purchase or not? Do check the device’s warranty period; this might range from 1 to 2 years as per the brand.
Tips for Infants & Kids
Nebulization Tips for Infants & Kids
Nebulizers for kids are eco-friendly and made by keeping in mind the kids comfort. However, here are a few tips to make the process more comfortable –
How to Clean the Nebulizer After Use?
1. Cleaning After Every Use
The mask and the connectors are supposed to be washed after every use. Sterile water is the best option to clean the accessories. Reassemble all the equipment as soon as they get dry.
2. Cleaning Equipment Daily
The nebulizer kit should be rinsed daily with mild water. The mask can be washed with soap used for dishwashing.
3. Equipment Needs to be Cleaned Every Week
Clean all the equipment at the end of the week together. Make 2 bowls for washing the kit. One fill with vinegar solution to rinse with, the other with antiseptic water. Keep the entire pack in the solution for 20-25 minutes. Clean the kit by dipping it into the vinegar and washing it off after 1 minute.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How to change the Nebulizer Filter?
The filter compartment can easily be taken out. Inside it is a nebulizer filter, you can replace it with a new one.
- What to do if the unit stops functioning?
Check all the connections if they are fitted correctly. The Air inlet should be free from obstruction. Clean it if it is troubling. If the unit still does not work, check with the manufacturer.
- Is it safe to use a nebulizer for babies?
Nebulizers for infants and babies are safe as they are specifically constructed with eco-friendly material quality.
- Do nebulizers make a lot of noise?
No. Not all nebulizers make noise. Some are a little noisy, and some are silent when in use. Choose as per your requirements.
- Is it necessary to have a prescription to use nebulizers?
It is recommended to have a doctor’s recommendation before buying it.
- What are the side effects of using a nebulizer?
Some common discerning side effects can be mild sneezing and cough or wheezing. But nebulizers are safe to use.
- How many times a day can you use a nebulizer?
The nebulizer can be used two to three times a day.
- Can you use a nebulizer without medicine?
Yes, you can use it for your minor illness with cold and cough.
- Can a nebulizer remove phlegm?
It can be treated under the guidance of a doctor with proper care and safety.
- Can I use a nebulizer with just water?
A nebulizer can be used with sterile water for minor illnesses regarding breathing or respiratory discomfort.
TO PURCHASE A NEBULIZER – To get a nebulizer, you’ll need a doctor’s prescription, as well as the medication it dispenses. If you wish to purchase only the device, you can do it without a prescription. You can buy it from a pharmacy or online. While the nebulizer is FDA-approved, you’ll still need a prescription from an authorized doctor to buy the drug for the nebulizer. Some medicines require specific types of nebulizers. Before you buy, speak with your doctor or pharmacist about the best type of nebulizer to use.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the different types of nebulizers and how they work.
Nebulizers are a great way to deliver medication without having to rely on pills, injections, or liquids that need to be consumed with water.
If your child is struggling with asthma and other respiratory conditions, we recommend looking into investing in a nebulizer as soon as possible!
These nebulizer machines for kids are made with proper care and are ergonomic in nature as well as easy to operate. Do consult your doctor before you buy one!
Here are my top 3 stars that I recommend as the best nebulizers for kids that use advanced technology, look good for the easy distraction of kids, and are budget-friendly options –