Travelling with a newborn baby without their accessories is very difficult. A diaper bag is one major essential product that you need and that is carried throughout.
Diaper bags are useful as they can bear all the baby stuff in them. It makes it easy for moms to travel handling with it.
The diaper bag is the easiest way to keep all your essentials organized while you are on the go. It is spacious, durable, and has multiple compartments.
You have to have a bag that is big enough to store all the essentials you need for your baby, and that can withstand being thrown around.
It also needs to be comfortable enough so it doesn’t dig into your shoulder while you’re carrying it all day long.
Diaper bags are an essential part of any mom’s life and in this blog post, I will tell you about the best diaper bags in India, how to choose them, what all baby essentials you can carry in them!
There are so many options for diaper bags but the one that I liked the most is Motherly Baby Diaper Bag as it is spacious, stylish, has 3 layered protection for your items, and can easily be carried around like a backpack especially while travelling.
However, read on to find out my reviews on similar diaper bags and other helpful tips and benefits!
- Types of Diaper Bags
- Benefits of Using Diaper Bags
- Reviews of 16 Best Diaper Bags in India
- 1. The Motherly Baby Diaper Bag
- 2. Robustrion Waterproof Travel Diaper Bag Backpack
- 3. AMILLIARDI Diaper Bag Backpack
- 4. House of Quirk Baby Diaper Bag Maternity Backpack
- 5. R for Rabbit Caramello Delight Diaper Bag
- 6. The Baby Co. Diaper Bag Backpack Baby Bag
- 7. Mee Mee Multipurpose Diaper Bag
- 8. MOCA Mummy Mommy Baby Diaper Bag Backpack
- 9. POLKA TOTS Blue Baby Elephant Design Waterproof Multifunctional Babies Diaper Bag
- 10. My Milestones Duo Detach 2-in-1 Baby Diaper Bag
- 11. Motherly Stylish Baby’s Diaper Bags for Mothers
- 12. ZIPLOC Polyester Adjustable Strap Baby Diaper Bag
- 13. Baby Bucket Baby Diaper Bag
- 14. LuvLap Lily Travel Multifunctional Diaper Bag-Backpack
- 15. Voroly Baby Diaper Bag Backpack
- 16. Baby Bucket Baby Diaper Nappy Changing Baby Diaper Bag/Baby Bag/Mummy Bag/Handbag (5 pcs. Set Black)
- Features to Look for When Buying a Diaper Bag
- Item List that Mommies can Keep Inside a Diaper Bag
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best 16 Diaper Bags in India
|Product Image||Product Title||Shop Now|
|Top||Motherly Baby Diaper Bag||Buy On Amazon|
|Robustrion Waterproof Diaper Bags for Mom for Travel Diaper Bag Backpack||Buy On Amazon|
|AMILLIARDI Diaper Bag Backpack||Buy On Amazon|
|House of Quirk Baby Diaper Bag Maternity Backpack||Buy On Amazon|
|R for Rabbit Caramello Delight Diaper Bag for Mother Waterproof Maternity Bag||Buy On Amazon|
|The Baby Co. Diaper Bag Backpack Baby Bag Multifunction Maternity Travel Changing Pack||Buy On Amazon|
|Mee Mee Multipurpose Diaper Bag||Buy On Amazon|
|MOCA Mummy Mommy Baby Diaper Bag Bagpack||Buy On Amazon|
|Dog Design Mother Bag Babies Diaper Bag Backpack||Buy On Amazon|
|My Milestones Duo Detach 2-in-1 Baby Diaper Bag||Buy On Amazon|
|Motherly Stylish Babies Diaper Bags for Mothers||Buy On Amazon|
|ZIPLOC Polyester Adjustable Strap Baby Diaper Nappy Changing Bag||Buy On Amazon|
|Bucket Baby Diaper Bag||Buy On Amazon|
|LuvLap Lily Travel Multifunctional Waterproof Diaper Bag||Buy On Amazon|
|Voroly Baby Diaper Bag Backpack||Buy On Amazon|
|Baby Bucket Baby Diaper Nappy Changing Baby Diaper Bag/Baby Bag/Mummy Bag/Handbag (5 pcs. Set Black)||Buy On Amazon|
Types of Diaper Bags
There are a lot of different diaper bags in different styles, sizes, and prices. However, the most important thing is to make sure that your choices comply with your preferences and requirements.
If you are traveling with twins then your choice will differ. Choose the diaper bag as per your comfort level and convenience as it is of utmost importance.
Here are few types listed for your reference –
- Tote Diaper Bag: The tote diaper bags are similar to tote bags. They are trendy in style nowadays. A person who is comfortable holding things with a hand can opt for this bag. It is the best-suited bag for them. They have a double strap to handle and carry easily.
- Back-Pack Diaper Bag: The easiest form of the bag to carry is always a backpack. The backpack-style diaper bag is the best option to choose if a person wants to go freehand outside. These are the ideal bags to carry on your body. The best diaper backpacks are effortlessly available at an affordable price.
- Messenger: This bag is rectangular and looks like an envelope. This diaper bag is famous for its immense capacity and space.
- Convertible Diaper Bag: This is a unique type of bag that can be converted into a backpack, tote bag or a messenger type of bag. So it suits you if you are not sure what type of bag to choose.
Benefits of Using Diaper Bags
Benefits of Using A Diaper Bag
The basic benefit of a Diaper Bag is that it is an ideal option for traveling, vacation, adventures, and other events so that moms can relax and enjoy. Here are a few more –
- The modern diaper bag is an ideal companion for moms out there. It can hold all your essentials while keeping them organized.
- The best benefit is to go freehand outdoors with the diaper bag. Mothers can enjoy freely with their kids without taking several bags.
- Diaper bags have sufficient space to carry everything like feeding bottles, wipes, baby clothes, diapers, etc.
- These diaper bags are comfortable and easy to carry.
- All essential goods and baby items are secure and safe as these bags have multiple compartments, are spacious and are a good option for all mothers.
Reviews of 16 Best Diaper Bags in India
Here are my reviews of some of the best diaper bags available in India today –
1. The Motherly Baby Diaper Bag
This bag is a backpack-style bag and has three layers of protection.
It is waterproof, the inner layer is of PU material which gives it strength, and the polyester is jammed between the layers.
Stylish – comes in beautiful unicorn designs and colors that are very attractive to look at.
✔ Comfortable to use without carrying anything in hand.
✔ For your gadget’s safety, it has an anti-theft back pocket.
✔ Spacious with lots of pockets for organizing all the babies stuff.
☒ The bag cannot be washed or bleached. Do not use iron. Use a damp cloth to clean it.
☒ The front pocket cannot be zipped if you place a milk bottle in it.
2. Robustrion Waterproof Travel Diaper Bag Backpack
This diaper backpack is easy to carry and convenient for the mother to go out with all the baby stuff like milk bottles, water bottles, and other accessories.
It can be hanged on a stroller with the help of the D-ring.
The size is around 20X18X40 cm and weighs approximately 720 grams.
✔ Reasonable and affordable in terms of money.
✔ Multiple stuff to store in a single backpack.
☒ The fabric starts to tear after a month or two while using.
☒ The back straps are not padded and thereby hurts for wearing them for too long.
3. AMILLIARDI Diaper Bag Backpack
This versatile bag has several pockets to store the baby’s stuff in a single backpack.
This backpack can be carried like a tote back and can be hung at your back. This stylish bag is a choice for every mom nowadays.
✔Multiple pockets mean multiple items to carry outdoor.
✔ The strollers’ straps provided are detachable while not in use.
✔ Spacious & comfortable with a classic design.
☒ The side pockets are of smaller size that makes it for no use.
☒ The bottles don’t fit in their pockets or get squeezed while trying to put in them.
☒ An expensive brand.
4. House of Quirk Baby Diaper Bag Maternity Backpack
The bag has the elephant print designed according to babies keeping in mind.
The bag has attractive colors that make the baby happy while seeing them. Lots of designs and colors to choose from.
The bag has a larger capacity to store everything. It can be used as a backpack and a handbag.
✔ This diaper backpack has a double layer with a water-resistant property.
✔ It can be cleaned and wiped easily.
☒ Few customers did not find the material quality good.
☒ Few customers did not get the same product after ordering as it did not match the product images.
5. R for Rabbit Caramello Delight Diaper Bag
The R for Rabbit Caramello Delight Diaper bag is of great fabric that has a water-resistant quality.
The pockets are insulated to control the temperature for the baby food to be eaten at any time while going outdoors.
The considerable factor for diaper bags is their pockets, this bag has creative pockets that make it easy for a mom to carry stuff.
✔ It comes with a changing mat that makes it easier for a mom to change a baby’s diaper anywhere.
✔ This diaper bag is a multi-function bag and can be used anywhere.
☒ The bag is heavy in itself and gets heavier while putting stuff in it.
☒ The zip requires both hands to operate them.
☒ Padding of the straps could be improved.
6. The Baby Co. Diaper Bag Backpack Baby Bag
This bag, with its beautiful print, is also functionally great.
You can easily carry everything with it. This baby bag is easy to bear in your hand as well as in your back. It works both ways.
It is extremely lightweight and durable.
✔ Reasonable cost.
✔ Convenient to carry on a trip because of its insulated pockets.
☒ The spaces are not big enough to keep bigger items.
☒ The inside fabric is of poor quality and zipper quality can be improved.
7. Mee Mee Multipurpose Diaper Bag
This diaper shoulder bag has one main compartment to store and one smaller front pocket.
The bag is designed with durable material and strong shoulder strap.
✔ Different pockets carry different sizes of items.
✔ Light in weight to carry the heavy stuff.
☒ The inner material easily gets torn apart in a single use.
☒ Few customers found the straps of low quality and get tearing off while using before a month or two.
8. MOCA Mummy Mommy Baby Diaper Bag Backpack
The main compartment of the bag has more than 10 pockets to keep the baby’s item in an organized manner.
This item is made from a durable quality, waterproof material.
Moms will be happy while going on a trip with this diaper backpack.
Alternatively, it can also be used as a laptop backpack, tablet bag, college student bookbag, weekend equipment, casual daypack, and more.
✔ Though compact but spacious in size.
✔ Multiple pockets with different sizes.
✔ Can be conveniently hanged on a stroller.
✔ Sturdy, durable and strong zippers.
☒ No side pockets are provided in this bag.
☒ The bag gets heavier after keeping so much into it.
9. POLKA TOTS Blue Baby Elephant Design Waterproof Multifunctional Babies Diaper Bag
This diaper bag has one thing that makes it more attractive, is the changing diaper mat. It makes it easier for moms to go out and change the diapers.
It has a smart organization feature for the baby’s necessary stuff by giving multiple pockets.
✔ With good quality material and is spacious to use.
✔ Backpack style only, cannot be used as a tote bag.
✔ Waterproof and stylish design.
☒ The color gets dull with time.
☒ The back pocket irritates while wearing the bag.
10. My Milestones Duo Detach 2-in-1 Baby Diaper Bag
The My Milestones Duo Detach 2-in-1 bag is made with a front and back pocket, a zipped pocket, and with side pockets also.
It has a smaller detachable bag that can be used to carry essentials only for a shorter trip or playtime. It also has accessories like changing pad, a bottle holder, and a pacifier holder.
This bag is stylish as well as offers comfort to carry on a trip.
The main compartment of the bag has ample space to offer for multiple goods to carry in it.
It has an insulated water bottle pocket too.
✔ This diaper bag has detachable bags that can be detached when not in use.
✔ It comes with a changing mat for diapers when in a public place.
☒ The changing mat doesn’t last for too long.
☒ The bottle holder has no insulation.
☒ Slightly overpriced compared to other diaper bags.
11. Motherly Stylish Baby’s Diaper Bags for Mothers
The bag is created with a waterproof material from the outside and the inside material is of PU layer.
Front & back openings for 2-way-reachability.
They have a great feature of an anti-theft pocket at the back of the bag.
✔ Three insulated bottle pockets are provided.
✔ Designed for dry and wet stuff separately.
✔ D-rings for hanging on the stroller and an extra compartment at the back is provided.
☒ As the bag itself is heavy, it gets heavier after loading the baby’s items.
☒ Not waterproof, so be careful not to wash the bag.
☒ However, it is water-resistant enough to keep the bag contents dry inside.
12. ZIPLOC Polyester Adjustable Strap Baby Diaper Bag
The bag as its title suggests is of polyester material with given straps that are adjustable to use.
The highlight of this bag that I found was the double folding changing mat that is good for changing diapers anywhere.
It can be a great choice to gift this bag to a mom.
✔ Individual pockets for smaller to bigger stuff.
✔ High-quality material, durable and convenient.
✔ The bag can be carried in 3 different ways – backpack, handbag, and normal carry bag.
☒ The bag is smaller in size.
☒ It gets heavier after filling it with the stuff.
13. Baby Bucket Baby Diaper Bag
This diaper bag is made of lining and microfiber from the outside.
It has 2 pockets on the front side and inside the bag it has 3 pockets.
This bag is handy to carry anywhere while going out or going on a trip.
This is one of the most reasonable bags found in this category however, it may not match the spaciousness and stylish looks of other bags.
Cannot be used as a backbag so needs to be held in the hand.
✔ The sturdy material makes it popular among moms.
✔ Good with the price and durability.
☒ The front pocket is widely open, and there is a risk of falling of the items.
☒ It gets heavier as soon as you organize stuff in it.
14. LuvLap Lily Travel Multifunctional Diaper Bag-Backpack
This diaper bag can also be used as a tote bag in case if you don’t want to use it as a backpack.
The material is of water-resistant quality.
The Luvlap Lily Travel Multifinctional diaper bag is one of the most spacious bags in this category with large storage and 15 dedicated pockets.
Padded shoulder straps make it easier to move around and does not cause any stress on the shoulders providing maximum comfort.
✔ The products are organized separately in this diaper bag as it has 15 pockets.
✔ Easy to carry.
✔ Comes with a changing pad and stroller straps.
☒ The insulated compartment doesn’t work properly.
☒ The fabric quality is low.
15. Voroly Baby Diaper Bag Backpack
This backpack is a good choice for moms to travel outstations with insulated pockets to carry baby’s food.
This bag is a multi-functional bag i.e. you can use this bag as backpack and handbag.
It comes with a 6 month warranty.
✔ Separate wet wipes pocket where a single wipe can be taken out without opening the pocket.
✔ Overall good quality of material used & even zippers work fine.
☒ The non-padded straps hurt the back.
☒ The bag gets a little heavy while using.
☒ Not very stylish in looks and design.
16. Baby Bucket Baby Diaper Nappy Changing Baby Diaper Bag/Baby Bag/Mummy Bag/Handbag (5 pcs. Set Black)
This bag comes with various bags in it like 1 big bag, 1 medium bag, 1 lunch bag, and 1 bottle warmer.
Easy to carry anywhere and can be used independently when required.
It has a large amount of space and also contains a changing pad.
The bags are waterproof and quick drying, and can be easily washed off with water.
✔ The bag is spacious.
✔ Multifunction is the best thing about this bag.
☒ All the pieces are smaller in size.
☒ The bag is not worthy of its amount.
Features to Look for When Buying a Diaper Bag
- Comfort – The bag should be comfortable and easy to carry. This is of prime importance and the main reason to buy a diaper bag. The bag should have strong straps so that it is easy to carry for longer time.
- Material – Should be made of good quality material to engage all kinds of product. Insulation is the key factor while having the best diaper bag. Insulated pockets help regulate the temperature of the bottles.
- Spacious + Pockets – One of the most important factor that moms look for is that diaper bag should have lots of space & must have multiple pockets. This helps in organizing the various toys, pacifiers, towels etc. and is easy to pack and remove.
- Washable – The bag should be easily washable so that it can be cleaned easily since it might get dirty due to the milk bottles, baby food that you will carry in the bag. If cleaning becomes a hassle, then diaper bag will not serve its purpose.
- Durable – The top priority of a diaper bag should be its durability so that you don’t have to spend your bucks on diaper bags every time.
- Cost – Diaper bags can be expensive, choose something that is both affordable and provides good quality & features that you need.
- Other Features – It should have the facility to attach it to a stroller for making it even more comfortable to use. But this is not a key feature while deciding to buy a diaper bag.
Item List that Mommies can Keep Inside a Diaper Bag
A diaper bag can carry all your baby essentials easily in its various compartments and pockets. Here are a few items that you can easily keep inside the bag –
- Diapers – of course! These are a priority for all moms when travelling even for a single day. The first and foremost reason for buying a diaper bag 😉
Cloth diapers or Regular diapers, whatever be your choice keep at least 4-5 of them. I suggest regular diapers since if you are travelling, carrying a soiled cloth diaper can be infectious & unhygienic.
- Baby Wipes / Tissues / Diaper Wipes – These are a must as kids will keep soiling their diapers and wipes are a must. Keep a small pack of wipes at all times in the bag for the go so that you never forget to keep them.
Wondering how to use wipes? Read more –> The 12 Best Uses for Baby Wipes That You Never Would Have Guessed
- Diaper Rash Creams – keep a small tube of diaper rash cream to keep your baby’s skin dry whenever you change diapers.
- Feeding bottles that can be kept in an insulated pocket. Baby bottle is a must if you are feeding your baby. A dry powder / instant formula powder can be kept in a sealed bag inside the diaper bag.
- Folding / Changing Sheet – Pack a folding sheet as it is the most handy thing when changing your baby’s diapers. Most diaper bags nowadays come with a changing pad but it is best to carry one. Make sure that the changing sheet is waterproof to avoid cleaning mess.
- Toys + Pacifiers – these are a must to distract your baby when travelling and keeps the baby quiet & happy. Keep 2-3 toys & pacifiers in your bag as these are extremely handy items.
- Burp Cloths – these can be kept as a rag / spare cloth to clean up your baby’s face, spit etc. and can be handy. If your baby is younger, you can keep a bib as well in the bag that is handy while feeding your baby while travelling. (Find the difference between a burp cloth and a wash cloth if it still confuses you 😉 )
- Baby towels – These are optional since you are already carrying baby wipes, burp cloths. But if you want you can keep a hand towel for yourself to use / wipe your hands if they get dirty.
- Set of clothes – A pair of clothes is a must when travelling. Kids tend to soil their clothes often and it may come handy.
- Trash bags – this is something that I always kept in my bag as you never know when you have to throw a soiled diaper and I prefer using these before I throw the diapers in a bin.
It helps improve hygiene and does not soil / smell in your bag. Again this is optional, depending on where you are travelling and what all is available for you.
- Sanitizer to use frequently – In today’s times a sanitizer is a must have to carry. Use the hang on, keychain style sanitizer so that it is easy to use and available at all times and does not have to occupy space in the bag.
Remember, though the diaper bag can carry lots of baby items and just because it is spacious does not mean you have to pack everything.
You have to carry the bag yourself so it should be comfortable for you to carry around while traveling.
If you make it heavy, it will only cause you stress and discomfort. Pack only essentials that you know you will need immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why can’t I use a regular bag? Do I need to buy a diaper bag?
YES. Diaper bags have different pockets to store baby items as compared to regular bags.
- Is it comfortable to carry a diaper bag everywhere?
The diaper bags are designed to carry easily anywhere you want to. They are comfortable and handy to use.
- How can I clean the diaper bag if I accidentally drop milk or juice in it?
You can easily wipe it off with a damp cloth or wash it if required.
- Is the diaper bag waterproof – how do I protect it in the rainy season?
Many diaper bags are designed with waterproof material. You can carry it at any season.
- Can I wash diaper bags? Are these machines washable?
Some diaper bags are machine washable and some have to be cleaned with damp cloth only. It depends on their fabric and material.
Children are a blessing and come with all sorts of new challenges.
One such challenge is deciding what to take with you when travelling or even when visiting your parent’s house that too without much hassle.
The answer is simple – a single diaper bag!
Diaper bags are mainly famous and preferable for their capacity and easy to carry function.
Moms nowadays prefer to go outdoor with the best diaper bags for babies so that they can carry all the stuff for their babies in a single bag without leaving anything at home.
There are many best diaper bags in India with good quality and functional use that are rated by the moms to use that we have discussed above.
However, I prefer Motherly Diaper Bag as one of the best diaper bags in this category as it looks stylish, has enough space for all my feeding bottles, diapers, and other baby essentials as well as is highly durable and easy to carry around.
To enjoy hands-free travelling even for a single day and take care of your baby at the same time, diaper bags are the most convenient and handy things to carry.