Potty Training is a big milestone for every parent. While some kids get trained easily some take a while!
Earlier, toddlers were left to their own devices and would have accidents in their clothes or bed, but today it’s not as difficult as it once was.
The biggest change has come from the invention of potty chairs/seats. They are designed specifically for toddlers and make the process of transitioning from diapers to using the toilet much easier.
I started this process for my son when he was 12 months old. Though it took us a while, we did manage to get trained at the age of 2.5-3 years.
Whatever potty training method you use, a potty seat or potty chair is a must-have when it comes to potty training your child!
But before you ask what potty training seat is best? Let’s talk a little about Potty Chairs, how they work, buying guide, types, the difference between Potty chairs and Potty seats, and some safety tips.
So read on to know more!
If you already know about potty chairs but are only looking for a quick recommendation to make your decision, here are my top 3 choices:
1. My first choice is R for Rabbit Tiny Tots Adaptable Potty Training Seat as it can be easily attached to the toilet seat and provides great comfort to babies who are just learning to use the potty.
2. You may also go for the Sunbaby Foldable Potty Trainer Seat with Ladder for Kids because it’s perfectly foldable.
3. I recommend you to purchase the Luvlap 3 in 1 Potty Trainer Seat for Babies. Its parts are entirely detachable and hence serve the purpose of storage.
Lastly, but the most popular with kids for its attractive design and shape & a budget-friendly choice – Nabhya Toilet Trainer Baby Potty Seat Cartoon face with Removable Tray.
- What are Potty Chairs and How do they work?
- Why should you use Potty Chairs for toddlers?
- Detailed Reviews of Best Baby Potty Chairs in India
- 1. Luvlap 3 in 1 Potty Trainer Seat for Babies
- 2. Mugale baby toilet training potty seat with upper closing lid and removable bowl
- 3. R for Rabbit Tiny Tots Adaptable Potty Training Seat
- 4. Nabhya Toilet Trainer Baby Potty Seat Cartoon face with Removable Tray
- 5. Luvlap Elegant Baby Potty Training Seat with Lid
- 6. Baybee Baby Potty Training Seat for Kids
- 7. Sunbaby Foldable Potty Trainer Seat with Ladder
- 8. Mee Mee Soft Cushioned Potty Seat with Support Handles
- 9. VKI Panda Duck Potty Training Seat with Removable Bowl and Closable Lid
- Types of Baby Potty Seats in India
- How To Buy Baby Potty Training Seats/Chairs in India – A Buying Guide
- Difference Between Potty Chair and Potty Seat?
- 8 Potty Chair Safety Tips!
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top 9 Best Potty Chairs in India
|Product Image||Product Title||Shop Now|
|LuvLap 3-in-1 Potty Trainer Seat for Babies, Potty Seat, Potty Training & Step Stool, for 1 year+ Babies, Detachable Potty Bowl, Suitable for Boy / Girl (Orange)||Buy on Amazon|
|MUGALE Baby Toilet Training Potty Seat with Upper Closing Lid and Removable Bowl (Pink)||Buy on Amazon|
|Top||R for Rabbit Tiny Tots Potty Seat – Adaptable Potty Training Seat (Green Yellow) for New Born Baby/Infant/Kids||Buy on Amazon|
|Nabhya Toilet Trainer Baby Potty Seat Cartoon Face with Removable Tray & Closing Lid (Green)||Buy on Amazon|
|LuvLap Elegant Baby Potty Training Seat with Lid, Potty Pot for babies, 1 year & above, Suitable for Boy / Girl (Purple)||Buy on Amazon|
|Baybee Baby Potty Training Seat for Kids- Infant Potty Toilet Chair with Removable Tray Toys for Babies 0-5 Years Old Child for Toddler Girl Boys (Beige)||Buy on Amazon|
|Sunbaby Foldable Potty-Trainer Seat for Toilet Potty Stand with Ladder Step Up Training Stool with Non-Slip Steps Ladder Adjustable Foldable for Boys Girls Toddlers Kids (Blue)||Buy on Amazon|
|Mee Mee Cushioned portable Baby Potty Seat for Toilet Training with Easy grip support handles, Easy to Carry||Buy on Amazon|
|VKI Panda Duck Potty Training Seat with Removable Bowl & Closable Cover (Blue)||Buy on Amazon|
What are Potty Chairs and How do they work?
Potty chairs are exactly what they sound like – chairs that your child can use to go to the toilet. They are designed specifically for toddlers and make the process of transitioning from diapers to using the toilet much easier.
Potty chairs work by giving your child a place to sit that is specifically for going to the toilet. This helps them to understand what they are supposed to do and makes the process much easier.
Why should you use Potty Chairs for toddlers?
There are many benefits to using potty chairs for toddlers:
– They help your child to transition from diapers to using the toilet easily and without stress.
– They help your child to learn how to use the toilet in a comfortable and familiar setting.
– They can be used for both boys and girls.
Check out How to Make Potty Training Less Daunting for Parents! to get all the tips and tricks for potty training your baby!
Detailed Reviews of Best Baby Potty Chairs in India
1. Luvlap 3 in 1 Potty Trainer Seat for Babies
Out of other baby potty seats, this is the best potty seat I have come across for my baby. It comes with the step stool and is perfect for babies 1+ years of age. It’s not because I had a baby boy, I have chosen this potty seat. But this potty seat is convenient for both boys and girls. This seat is available in three colors: orange, green and purple.
- It has 3 in 1 operation features which means it acts as a potty seat for 1-2 years old babies. Adult potty seat for 2-4 years old kids. Whereas step and stool for children above 4 years of age.
- Made from high quality, nondurable, and non-toxic plastic.
- Potty Bowl can be removed from the rear by sliding out thus ensuring easy cleaning.
✔ It’s very safe and the padding is very comfortable. It has rounded edges for the convenience of the children.
✔ Due to its simple and compact design, it’s travel and storage-friendly.
✔ Certified as per European Standards: EN 71.
✔ 3-in-1 operation and is easy to clean.
☒ There is no handle to carry it.
☒ Few customers found it expensive.
2. Mugale baby toilet training potty seat with upper closing lid and removable bowl
Although I have used a potty seat when my boy turned 1+ years old, you can use it as soon as your baby turns 6 months old. No matter whether you have a baby boy or girl, this baby potty seat is the perfect one to opt for. If you want to train your baby how to sit properly in the toilet, then you should go for this chair.
- It is 100% hygienic, safe, healthy, and made out of virgin plastic.
- This potty seat has the option of a removable tray hence it provides ease in cleaning.
- Easy to clean, this potty trainer seat dries quickly.
- It can be used for kids upto 4 years of age.
✔ For developing good and clean potty and toilet habits in your child, this is the reliable potty chair option.
✔ It’s very travel friendly because of its small size it can be carried anywhere irrespective of train or flight.
✔ Western toilet type baby potty seat.
✔ It can be conveniently hung anywhere to save space.
☒ Few customers found the plastic to be of low quality.
3. R for Rabbit Tiny Tots Adaptable Potty Training Seat
Available in mainly two colors, green yellow and orange-red, this is the best potty training chair available in India for babies of 1+ years. Tiny Tots potty trainer seat is designed by keeping the comfort of your child in the mind. That’s why as soon as you want to provide sanitary habits to your baby, this one is the most prominent seat that comes to mind.
- Oval shape with attractive color and design.
- Its higher back structure system allows your child to take good support during the early potty training days.
- It’s simple design and rounded soft curve allow you to clean it hassle freely.
- Splash guard makes it mess-free.
It comes with a lid so that your home will not get filled with foul smell after usage.
For easy and better potty training, you can attach this seat to your (adult) toilet seats.
Lightweight and easy to carry when travelling.
☒ It does not have a handle. So younger babies might need support while using it.
☒ Expensive compared to other products in this category, but its totally worth it!
4. Nabhya Toilet Trainer Baby Potty Seat Cartoon face with Removable Tray
Out of the 9 best potty seat training for babies, this one I have found cost-effective as well as attractive for a baby. All moms know that training your baby for potty can be quite stressful for both parents and babies. However, cartoons, music and other rewards help a child in doing the job comfortably.
Nabhya toilet trainer potty seat has attractive cartoon face that looks like a toy to the child and makes it easier to train the child.
You can get this Nabhya toilet trainer potty seat in multiple colors such as green, blue, orange, pink, red, etc. as per your choice. It offers a height of 12.5 cm with 24cm of width. This potty seat has a manual flush along with a round shape.
- Comes with a removable tray to prevent the foul smell and germs from spreading in the environment after usage.
- Its sliding and removable tray helps in easy cleaning of the potty seat after every use.
- It has smooth and comfortable edges and an anti-skid base.
- Attractive cartoon design.
✔ This potty seat is very compact and is very light weight too.
✔ It offers a non-slippery and firm grip through which it becomes easy to handle your baby.
☒ Few customers found the product small in size i.e. not appropriate for their child.
5. Luvlap Elegant Baby Potty Training Seat with Lid
Like the name suggests, this is an elegant baby potty training seat from Luvlap.
It is suitable for both baby boys and girls of 1+ years. This potty seat is available in three colors purple, green, and orange.
It’s not like an Indian style potty seat for babies. This chair holds the certification of European standards EN 71. And comes in an oval shape with a high backrest that is comfortable for babies.
- This potty seat is made up of high-quality plastic material which is non-toxic and durable too.
- Its smooth edges and ergonomic seat is designed to provide optimum comfort to the little ones.
- The potty bowl can be simply pushed out with the slide-out mechanism.
- Cute shape and easy to clean.
- Kids can sit on it without any support as it has a strong grip.
- Because it is small and lightweight, you can easily take it with you on your vacation.
This potty seat offers soft curved design and detachable parts style hence it’s easy to clean.
Its higher backrest allows the baby to not fall over the ground and provides utmost comfort during training.
Safe, comfortable, lightweight, portable and easy to use.
☒ Although the price is a bit high, but it’s worth the cost.
6. Baybee Baby Potty Training Seat for Kids
This best potty seat in India is available in multiple colors including beige, green, light pink, etc. For safety concerns, it holds EN 15883 certification which is the most stringent certification approved by European standards. This potty seat helps you a lot in making your baby move from diaper to potty seat.
- It’s made from high-quality Virgin PVC plastic which is durable, non-toxic, odorless, and safest for your little one.
- You don’t need to worry about your baby falling because its non-slip armrest and grip provide the utmost safety to your baby.
- No spilling of pee or poo as it is splash-proof!
This potty seat provides utmost comfort to your little one because of its luxurious comfy seat material.
Lightweight and comes with a handle for easy to use in homes as well as for travel.
Comfortable and safe for children.
☒ No points noticed.
7. Sunbaby Foldable Potty Trainer Seat with Ladder
This adjustable potty trainer comes with a ladder that provides the initial assistance babies need while getting used to a potty seat.
It comes in a U shape and is the most unique shape that exists in the market. The Step Ladder potty Trainer has grips or handles on the edges so the child’s hands don’t slip when he or she is climbing up the ladder.
- This potty seat is very safe and convenient to be used for your little one. It provides comfort just like an adult western toilet provides.
- It comes with a ladder to help your baby to climb to the seat. The ladder is made up of durable material and can withstand your baby’s weight.
- The non-slip ladder foot keeps the ladder in position while the child uses it without moving.
- The Seat of The Step Ladder Potty stool is adjustable and made with soft cushion that makes it comfortable for kids to sit on and is easy to wash too.
- Compact & Easy to fold and can be stored away when not in use.
- This seat is best suited for Toddlers & Kids of 14 Months & above.
You can easily assemble it through the instruction manual.
The material of the ladder is made up of a soft cushion for ensuring comfort and good grip.
☒ No such points were noticed.
8. Mee Mee Soft Cushioned Potty Seat with Support Handles
This baby potty seat is one of the most reliable and simple seats I found for training a baby. You should buy a baby potty seat with handles online to provide the utmost comfort to your baby.
It’s available in multiple colors including white, red, blue, etc. If you are looking for a relaxed and hygienic potty training for your little one, then this is the perfect one to begin with.
- This potty seat is made up of high-quality, non-toxic, and durable plastic material.
- Thick cushioned seat for comfortable seating of the baby.
- Its appealing and design-friendly features attract most babies.
- It has handles on both sides for older babies to hold onto. Good for training babies who are just starting to learn to use the toilet (above 18 months).
- Sturdy and environment friendly design with non-skid base.
- Splash-proof design keeps it mess-free and is very easy to clean.
- This potty seat can be hooked up right next to the toilet.
- Provides the confidence to kids for using the toilet independently.
Lightweight and portable.
Easy to clean.
Provides good grip for babies to sit on the seat.
☒ No such points were noticed.
9. VKI Panda Duck Potty Training Seat with Removable Bowl and Closable Lid
If you have an enthusiastic & adventurous child, then this potty seat may just suit your child. The attractive design will make it easier for you to train your child.
Just like the adult western toilet, this potty training seat also has a closing lid to prevent foul smell and germs from spreading outside. It’s available in multi-color and has approx 4.93 pounds of weight.
Suitable for babies from 6 months to 36 months.
✔ Due to its multicolor, it’s very attractive and appealing to the children.
✔ Easy to use for smaller babies too.
✔ Comfortable back rest.
✔ Removable potty bowl makes it easier to clean.
☒ Few customers found that the blue top seat came off very easily.
☒ No cushion on the seat.
Types of Baby Potty Seats in India
Standalone Potty Trainer Seat
This is a basic potty chair without any frills. It is designed to be used as a standalone potty chair and is not attached to the toilet.
One-Piece Potty Trainer Seat with Step
This type of potty chair is designed to be attached to the toilet and can be used as both a training seat and a step stool. It is perfect for toddlers who are ready to start using the toilet on their own.
Two-Piece Potty Trainer Seat with Step
This type of potty chair is also designed to be attached to the toilet, but it comes in two pieces – the seat and the step stool. This allows your child to use the potty chair in stages, starting with the seat and then moving up to the step stool when they are ready.
Combination Toilet Trainer Seat
This type of potty chair is designed to be attached to the toilet and can also be used as a training seat. It has a built-in handle that makes it easy to transport and comes in a variety of colors to match your bathroom decor.
Potty Chair with Ladder
This type of potty chair is designed to look like a small ladder. It is perfect for toddlers who are ready to start using the toilet on their own, as it gives them a sense of independence.
Travel Potty Seat
This type of potty seat is perfect for toddlers who are potty training while traveling. It is small and lightweight, making it easy to transport, and comes with a carrying case for easy storage.
While one of these choices may appear to be a superior option, it’s preferable to test the detachable components on your toilet first. If your youngster is a lovely talkative, adventurous kid, he or she might want a potty chair with a bit more entertainment value.
How To Buy Baby Potty Training Seats/Chairs in India – A Buying Guide
When it comes to buying baby potty training seats/chairs, there are a few things to keep in mind:
One of the most important things to look for when buying a potty chair is safety. Make sure that the chair has a sturdy base and that it cannot be easily tipped over.
The material that the potty chair is made of is also important. If you are looking for a seat that can be attached to the toilet, make sure that it is made of a material that is easy to clean and can withstand frequent use.
If your child is potty training, they will likely want a potty chair that has some entertainment value. This could be in the form of a cartoon character or other type of design that will keep them amused while they are sitting on the potty.
Ease of Use
Make sure that the potty chair is easy to assemble and use. If your child is able to operate it on their own, they will be more likely to use it regularly.
If you plan on using the potty chair while traveling, make sure that it is lightweight and portable.
Durability / Foldable
If you plan on using the potty chair for a long time, make sure that it is made of durable material and that it can be easily folded for storage.
Easy to Clean
The potty chair should be easy to clean so that you can keep it sanitary. This could include being able to remove the seat and/or the stool for easy cleaning.
The potty chair should be the appropriate size for your child. It should be big enough for them to sit in comfortably, but not so big that it takes up a lot of space.
The potty chair should be comfortable for your child to sit in. This could include a padded seat or a soft material that will not cause them discomfort.
A splash guard is a helpful feature to have on a potty chair, as it will help keep the mess to a minimum.
Protect Your Flooring
If you have hardwood or tile flooring, you may want to consider a potty chair with a rubber base that will protect your floors from any spills/skid marks.
Keep it Simple
Avoid adding unnecessary features and gadgets to the product since your kid may become distracted and not maintain the correct posture long enough for his or her potty training. Keep it simple to get the job done!
Difference Between Potty Chair and Potty Seat?
There is a big difference between potty chairs and potty seats. Potty chairs are actual chairs that your child can sit in to go to the toilet. Potty seats, on the other hand, are simply a seat that goes on top of the toilet so that your child can use it in the same way as they would use a potty chair.
Which one you choose depends on what is most comfortable for your child and what will work best for your home.
8 Potty Chair Safety Tips!
POTTY CHAIR SAFETY TIPS
When potty training your child, it is important to keep their safety in mind. Here are a few tips to follow:
- Make sure the potty chair is stable and will not tip over.
- Choose a potty chair with a wide base, so your child can feel stable when sitting on it.
- Make sure the potty chair has a sturdy construction and is made from safe materials.
- Keep any cords or strings away from your child’s reach, as they could potentially strangle themselves.
- After your child has used the potty chair, it is preferable to clean it fully with a disinfectant. There are germs and other hazardous substances that grow if feces are not properly disinfected.
- It’s preferable to use a hardwood floor, linoleum, or tile to place the chair so that it can be simply cleaned and disinfected. Placing the potty chair on a carpeted floor can be a little risky in case of an accident!
- It’s a good idea to store your potty chair when not in use so that it doesn’t get damaged. Improper storage can cause your potty chair to leak or not fit properly.
- Make sure that your child is sitting properly on the potty chair. Observe that there is no contact between the potty chair and your child’s skin causing him/her discomfort. Ensure that you adjust your child’s position that is comfortable for longer use.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How do I know if my child is ready to start potty training?
A: The best way to determine if your child is ready to start potty training is to watch for signs that they are ready. Some common signs that a child is ready to start potty training include being able to stay dry for long periods of time, telling you when they need to use the bathroom, and showing interest in using the toilet.
- Q. How do I potty train, my child?
A: There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as every child is different and will learn at his or her own pace. However, some general tips on how to potty train your child include establishing a routine, gradually introducing the potty chair, and rewarding your child for successfully using the toilet.
- Q: Can a potty chair be used for a child aged two years and six months?
A: Yes, a potty chair can be used for a child aged two years and six months. In fact, many parents choose to start using a potty chair at this age, as it can be easier than training a child to use the toilet.
- Q: Do the potty training seats come with cushions?
A: Some potty training seats come with cushions, while others do not. It is important to choose a seat that is comfortable for your child, so they will be more likely to use it.
- Q: When should a baby use a potty seat?
A: A baby should use a potty seat when he or she is able to sit up unsupported. This typically occurs around six months of age. I started this after 1 year for my son. Initially, it was difficult but slowly he started enjoying the process.
- Q: Is a potty chair or seat better?
A: Potty chairs are better since they are more firmly planted on the ground. On the other hand, potty seats must be tight in order to fit over a western toilet! The baby may find using a western toilet at such a young age to be somewhat strange and unpleasant.
When it comes to potty training, there is no one-size-fits-all approach.
You will need to figure out what works best for you and your child. However, following the above general tips and using one of the many great potty chairs that I have listed above it can make the process much easier for both of you.
Here are my recommendations – My first choice is R for Rabbit Tiny Tots Adaptable Potty Training Seat as it can be easily attached to the toilet seat and provides great comfort to babies who are just learning to use the potty.
You may also go for the Sunbaby Foldable Potty Trainer Seat with Ladder for Kids because it’s perfectly foldable.
If you are looking for an easy potty training system, I recommend you to purchase the Luvlap 3 in 1 Potty Trainer Seat for Babies. Its parts are entirely detachable and hence serve the purpose of storage.
Lastly, but the most popular with kids for its attractive design and shape & a budget-friendly choice – Nabhya Toilet Trainer Baby Potty Seat Cartoon face with Removable Tray.
~~So good luck and happy training!