There are plenty of reasons to love cycling, but here are just a few reasons why it can be especially great for girls.
Cycling is a great way to get some exercise. It’s low-impact, so it’s easy on the joints, and it’s a great way to get the heart pumping. And, of course, it’s a great way to burn some calories!
Cycling is also a great way to have some fun. It’s a great way to explore your surroundings, and it can be a great way to meet new people. And, of course, it’s just plain fun to ride a bike!
So if you have a girl that wants to explore more than just cycle or a young girl who wants to learn to cycle and experience freedom with a big smile and hair flying in her face, read on!
- Bicycle for girls – Introduction
- Different types of bicycles for girls
- How to choose the right bicycle for girls
- Best Bicycles for Girls (Girls bikes for every age)
- Safety Tips for Cycling
Bicycle for girls – Introduction
Girls love to ride bicycles. It’s a great way for them to get some exercise, have some fun and explore their surroundings. But with so many different types of bicycles available, it can be tough to know which one is right for your girl.
Do You Need to Buy a “Girls” Bike?
In a word, no. There’s no such thing as a “girls’ bike.” Any bicycle can be ridden by any girl, regardless of size or strength.
So what’s the difference between a “girls’ bike” and a “boy’s bike”?
The main difference is in the design. Bikes for girls tend to have smaller frames and wheels, and they’re often decorated with flowers or other feminine designs.
They also tend to have lower seat heights, which makes it easier for shorter riders to reach the ground.
However, it’s important to remember that these differences are purely cosmetic. There’s no functional difference between a “girls’ bike” and a “boy’s bike.”
The important thing is to choose a bike that’s the right size for your girl, and that has features that she’ll find comfortable and easy to use.
Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the right bike for your girl, and keep her safe while she’s riding.
Different types of bicycles for girls
There are two main types of bicycles available for girls: road bikes and mountain bikes.
Road bikes are designed for riding on paved surfaces, like streets and sidewalks. Mountain bikes are designed for riding on rough terrains, like dirt trails and single-track.
How to choose the right bicycle for girls
When choosing a bicycle for your girl, it’s important to consider her age, skill level, and riding goals. For younger girls, or those just starting out, a road bike may be the best option.
- Remember, for optimum performance, a good bike should weigh 50% of the girl’s body weight.
- Choose a Comfortable seat – If you’ve never sat or ridden a bike before, you’ll have some difficulties. Choose bicycles with a comfortable, soft, and wide seat.
- Comfortable grip – You need a comfortable grip when you ride. If you don’t have one, you’re likely to get hand fatigue (turning your hands red) and cramping.
- Choose lightweight – You want a bike that’s easy to pedal and maneuver. A lightweight bike will make it easier for your girl to get up hills and around turns.
- They must also have a rustproof body, skid-free pedals, and supporting wheels (for younger kids).
- Road bikes are typically lighter weight and have thinner tires, which makes them easier to pedal and maneuver.
- Mountain bikes tend to be heavier and have thicker tires, which can make them more difficult to ride. If your girl is older or more experienced, she may be able to handle a mountain bike.
- Size – Once you’ve decided on the type of bicycle, it’s important to make sure it’s the right size. Bicycles come in different sizes, based on the rider’s height. It’s important to choose a bicycle that is the right size for your girl, so she can reach the pedals and handlebars comfortably.
Looking for a Mountain Bike but cannot make a choice? Read about How to Choose the Best MTB Cycle in India!
Best Bicycles for Girls (Girls bikes for every age)
Following are some of the best brands of bicycles for girls in India (age-wise categories) are –
For Girls of 3-5 years
- Lifelong Brand – Lifelong has been strongly trusted by loyal consumers for over six years. Get the Lifelong LLBC1401 Juniors Ride Cycle 14T with Training Wheel, Mudguard for Boys and Girls for stylish looks, and a great riding experience!
- Speed Bird – Speed bird cycle is one of the recognized manufacturers and suppliers of kids and baby cycles. Check the Speed Brid 14-T NEXTRA with Back Carrier Kids Bicycle Baby Cycle for Boys & Girls for your baby girl!
- Hi-Fast Brand of Cycles – Get the Hi-Fast 14-inch Sports Kids Cycle for Boys & Girls 3 to 5 Years with Training Wheels which is appropriate for your kid’s safe riding.
- Omobikes – The Omobikes brand is a bicycle company founded by passionate cyclists & IIT graduates, that celebrate cycling in its simplest form and are also keen to improve environmental imbalance, and provide a better lifestyle. You can also choose Omobikes Panda 14T, Kids Cycle, Freestyle, Frame Size 8 inch, Steel Frame, Strong Support Wheel, 3-5 Year Kids that is a good choice for your child.
For Girls of Age 5-8 Years
- Beetle – Beetle Bikes are designed with the sole objective of making cycling an enjoyable experience for Indian children. Make cycling more enjoyable for your child with the Beetle Unisex-Youth Bubblegum, 16T, 12, Steel Kids Bike Single Speed Cycle with Front Basket and Support Wheels Ideal for 5-7 yrs or you can also check Panache 20T Fixed-Gear Bike Kids Cycle with 12 Inches Steel Frame for 6 to 10-Year-old, Turquoise Blue.
- Lifelong – Lifelong has a range of cycles in all categories. So check the Lifelong LLBC1601 Mybuddy Cycle 16T with Support for Boys and Girls for your 5-8 Years Girl.
- RAW BICYCLES – Raw Bicycles present stylish and comfortable cycle for girls – 16T Inch Sports BMX Single Speed Bicycle Cycle for Kids 5 to 8 Years Boys & Girls and Training Side Wheels
For Girls of Age 10+ Years
- Hero – CYCLOHUB is a premium bicycle brand that was custom built to suit the Indian terrain. Designed with an Eye-catching unisex frame design, CYCLOHUB Hero Girls Miss India Gold 26T Road Bicycle with 17.4-inches Steel Frame (Pink) is the best choice!
- Hero – Hero brand is one name that is a very popular name in the bicycle industry in India. So if are looking for a known brand of the cycle, choose the Hero Fashion 26T Single Speed Cycle for your girl.
- Avon – One of the oldest cycle companies, Avon has been here for a long time building comfortable, stylish cycles. For Girls of Age 10+ Years, you can check the Avon Sherry 26T Youth Bicycle- 18″ Frame.
- Kross – The Kross is a famous Polish sports industry company that specializes in manufacturing bicycles and bicycle frames. Check out the Kross Spider 24T Ranger Cycle 7 Speed Gear Bicycle Road Racing Girls Mountain Bike Pink, Ideal for 9-13 Years (Frame: 12.5 Inches) if you are looking for a Mountain Bike for your girl.
Safety Tips for Cycling
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right bicycle for your girl, and keep her safe while she’s riding:
1. Consider your girl’s age, skill level, and riding goals when choosing a bicycle.
2. Make sure the bicycle is the right size & comfortable for your girl. Don’t buy fancy cycles that are difficult to ride!
3. Look for bicycles with safety features like front and rear brakes, reflectors, and lights.
4. Teach your girl about bike safety, and make sure she always wears a helmet when she’s riding.
5. Plan routes that avoid busy streets and traffic, and stick to trails and paths that are appropriate for her skill level.
6. Get the right gear – don’t forget the safety helmet.
Following these tips will help you choose the right bicycle for your girl, and keep her safe while she’s riding. Cycling is a great way for girls to get some exercise, have some fun and explore their surroundings.
Want the Best Bicycle for 10 Year Old Boy? Check out my detailed reviews and buying guide to make a smart choice!
Cycling is a great way for girls to get some exercise, have some fun and explore their surroundings.
A bicycle can be a great way for girls to get around town, and there are plenty of different styles and colors to choose from.
It’s also important to consider safety when choosing a bicycle for your girl. Look for bicycles with features like front and rear brakes, reflectors, and lights. These features will help keep your girl safe while she’s riding.
So if you’re looking for a fun and healthy way to get around, consider picking up a bike! Just get out there and start pedaling!
Q: Can a girl ride a cycle?
A: Yes, a girl can ride a cycle. Girls love to ride bicycles. It’s a great way for them to get some exercise, have some fun and explore their surroundings.
Q: How do I know if a bicycle is of the right size for my girl?
A: Bicycles come in different sizes, based on the rider’s height. It’s important to choose a bicycle that is the right size for your girl, so she can reach the pedals and handlebars comfortably.
Q: Which cycle is the best for a 12-year-old girl?
A: Hero Girl’s Miss India Gold 24T Bike 15-inches Frame, Road Bike (Pink)is one of the best bicycles for a 12-year-old girl.
Similarly, Kross has an exciting range of women-centric bikes that help them cross over to a highly comfortable and enjoyable bike riding experience. Like the Kross Spider Single Speed Red Bicycle 24T (9 To 13 Years) which is also one of the best cycles for girls.