Mountain biking is a fantastic way to get outdoors and enjoy the scenery, fresh air, and Exercise. It’s also a great sport for building up fitness levels, as it works all the major muscle groups in the body. And, best of all, it’s suitable for riders of all abilities – from beginners to experienced riders.
You might want to choose the best MTB cycle in India because you need a good bike for cycling on different types of terrain. You might also choose a good mountain bike because you are tall or heavy, and you need a bike that can handle your weight.
But you are confused about how to do it? There are different factors such as the type of terrain you will be cycling on, your height and weight, and the kind of cycling you plan to do before making your purchase.
The common challenges people have when choosing the best MTB cycle in India are as follows:
1. They don’t know how to select the right size for their MTB cycle
2. They don’t know which type of MTB bike is right for them
3. They don’t know how to maintain their MTB cycle properly
4. They don’t have all the necessary accessories for their MTB bike
5. They don’t know how to enjoy their ride on a Mountain Bike
This article will help you in making the right choice and also help you with some tips for maintaining your MTB bike and the accessories that you will need to make the most of your ride. So, let’s start reading!
If you already know how to select the right MTB / mountain bike and are only looking for recommendations then here are my top picks –
- MDS Unlimited CYCLES ROADY 26 inches 21 Shimano Gear Dual Suspension 18 Inches Steel Frame Double Disc Brake Foldable MTB Mountain Bike Cycle for Unisex – One of the best & lightweight Mountain Bikes with 21 Shimano Gear Variations for seamless & comfort riding. Ideal for 12+ Years! This is my personal favorite!
- Urban Terrain UT1000 Series, Steel MTB 27.5 Mountain Cycle with 21 Shimano Gear , Pan India Installation and OneFitplus App Tracking – Everybody knows the brand Urban Terrain & its series of mountain cycles. Choose this for superior comfort and well-cushioned ride. It also offers a fitness plan on the OneFitplus app. So you can track your diet along with your fitness by cycling in one go!
- Leader Xtreme MTB 26T IBC Mountain Bicycle/Bike Without Gear Single Speed with Rear Suspension for Men – Black/Fluro Orange Ideal for 10+ Years, Frame: 18 Inches – Last but not the least! Leader brand has some of the best bicycles and is a great name in the industry! This bicycle in particular is perfect for our early starters of 10+ years who want to start mountain biking! Reasonably priced is an advantage too!
- What is an MTB cycle / Mountain Bike?
- How to choose the Best MTB cycle in India?
- The different types of MTB cycles available in India
- What are the different accessories that you will need for your MTB bike?
- Tips for Maintaining your Mountain Bike
- How to enjoy your ride on an MTB bike?
What is an MTB cycle / Mountain Bike?
Before we talk about how to choose, tips & accessories for an MTB cycle, let’s discuss what is an MTB cycle or a Mountain Bike?
An MTB cycle, or mountain bike, is a type of bicycle that is specifically designed for off-road cycling. It features wider tires and a lower gear ratio than a traditional road bike, making it better suited for riding on bumpy terrain.
Mountain bikes are also generally heavier and more robust than other types of bicycles, which makes them less susceptible to damage from riding over rough terrain.
How to choose the Best MTB cycle in India?
Now that we know what an MTB is, let’s take a look at how you can choose the best one for you.
There are a few things you’ll need to consider before making your purchase, such as the type of terrain you’ll be riding on, your height and weight, and the kind of cycling you plan to do.
You’ll also need to decide what kind of features you want in your mountain bikes, such as suspension, disc brakes, and a frame that’s designed for climbing.
What factors to consider when choosing an MTB cycle?
When choosing an MTB cycle, you need to take into account different factors such as where you’re going to ride it, what type of rider you are, and your budget.
1. The first thing to consider is the terrain. If you’ll be riding on smooth roads, then you won’t need a bike with as much suspension or as many gears. However, if you’re planning on riding off-road, then you’ll need a bike that’s designed for that type of terrain.
2. The second factor to consider is your own personal riding style. If you’re the type of rider who likes to go fast and take risks, then you’ll need a different kind of bike than someone who wants to take it easy and enjoy the scenery.
3. The third factor to consider is your budget. Mountain bikes can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand, so it’s important to figure out how much you’re willing to spend before you start shopping.
Keep these factors in mind when looking for a Mountain Bike.
How to select the right size for your MTB cycle?
The next step is to select the right size. This is important because if the bike is too big or too small, it will be difficult to control.
The best way to determine what size bike you need is to stand over the frame and make sure that there are at least two inches of space between you and the top tube. If you can’t stand over the bike, or if the top tube is too close to your crotch, then the bike is too small.
How to choose which type of MTB bike is right for you?
The next step is to decide which type of mountain bike is right for you. There are three main types of mountain bikes: hardtail, full-suspension, and a fat bike.
The different types of MTB cycles available in India
Mountain bikes, or MTBs, have been around for decades, but their popularity has exploded in recent years. This is due in part to the surge in popularity of trail cycling, which has made MTBs a popular choice for anyone who wants to get outside and explore the countryside.
Hardtail Bikes – Hardtail mountain bikes have a suspension system in the front, but not in the back. These bikes are typically cheaper and lighter than full-suspension bikes, making them a good choice for beginner riders or anyone on a budget.
Full-Suspension Bikes – Full-suspension mountain bikes have suspension in both the front and the back. These bikes are more expensive than hardtail bikes, but they offer a smoother ride and better control over rough terrain.
Fat Bikes – Fat bikes have wider tires than other mountain bike types. They’re designed for riding on sand or snow, but they can also be used on any type of terrain. Fat bikes are the most expensive type of mountain bike, but they’re also the most versatile.
Based on your budget, riding style, and the type of terrain you’ll be riding on, you can decide which type of mountain bike is right for you.
What are the different accessories that you will need for your MTB bike?
Once you’ve selected the perfect mountain bike, you’ll need to make sure you have the right accessories to go along with it.
- A helmet – A good helmet is essential for safety while riding your mountain bike. Make sure to choose a helmet that’s comfortable and that fits properly.
- Dress appropriately – If you plan to take up mountain biking, then you ought to dress right. Wear a jersey, cycling shorts, or waterproof trousers to make sure that you stay dry & cooler in the heat of summer! You can also wear knee pads for protection!
- Gloves – Gloves will help you grip the handlebars and protect your hands from blisters.
- Cycling shoes – Cycling shoes will help you pedal more efficiently and will also protect your feet from blisters.
- A pump – A bike pump is essential for keeping your tires inflated to the proper pressure.
- Bike lights – MTB Bike lights are important for safety, especially if you’ll be riding in the dark or in low-light conditions.
- A tool kit – A basic bike tool kit will help you fix flats and make other small repairs on the go.
- A water bottle – Always bring along a water bottle to stay hydrated during your ride.
Check out all the Mountain Bike Accessories HERE that you might be looking for!
Tips for Maintaining your Mountain Bike
1. Clean your bike regularly – A dirty bike can cause problems and is more likely to break down. Be sure to clean your bike after every ride, and give it a thorough cleaning once a week.
2. Lubricate your chain – A well-lubricated chain will help your bike run smoothly and will prolong the life of your drivetrain.
3. Inspect your tires – Flat tires are one of the most common problems cyclists face. Be sure to check your tires regularly for wear and tear, and keep a spare tire or patch kit with you in case of flats.
4. Adjust your brakes – Brakes that are too tight can cause damage to your wheels, while brakes that are too loose can be dangerous. Be sure to adjust your brakes according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Check your bolts – Loose bolts can cause serious problems while riding, so be sure to check all of the bolts on your bike regularly.
How to enjoy your ride on an MTB bike?
1. Get to know your bike – Before you hit the trails, take some time to get to know your mountain bike. This means becoming familiar with the gears, the brakes, and how the suspension works.
2. Start on easy trails – If you’re new to mountain biking, it’s best to start on easy trails before moving on to more difficult terrain. This will help you get a feel for the sport and avoid injury.
3. Dress for the occasion – Wearing the right clothing is important for comfort and safety while mountain biking. Be sure to dress in layers, wear closed-toe shoes, and bring along sunscreen and insect repellent.
4. Be prepared for the elements – Mountain biking can be a challenging sport, and you need to be prepared for whatever the weather throws at you. Be sure to pack plenty of water and snacks, and dress appropriately for the conditions.
5. Ride with a friend – Riding with a friend is always more fun than riding alone, and it’s also safer. If you’re new to mountain biking, find a friend who is more experienced than you and ask for tips.
6. Follow the rules of the trail – When you’re out on the trails, be sure to follow the posted rules. This will help keep everyone safe and ensure that the trails are preserved for future mountain bikers.
7. Have fun! – Mountain biking is a great way to get outdoors and have some fun. Be sure to take it at your own pace, and don’t be afraid to stop and enjoy the scenery along the way.
Mountain biking can be a great way to get outdoors and have some fun.
Before you head out on the trails, make sure to familiarize yourself with your bike and dress appropriately for the conditions. Be sure to follow the posted rules when riding, and enjoy the scenery along the way.
Some of the benefits of mountain biking include improved fitness, increased coordination, and a sense of adventure.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and start exploring the trails today!
1. What is the best mountain bike for beginners?
The best mountain bike for beginners is one that is comfortable and easy to ride. A hardtail mountain bike with front suspension is a good option for those just starting out.
2. How do I choose the right size mountain bike?
The best way to choose the right size mountain bike is to consult the sizing chart of the manufacturer. You will need to know your height and inseam measurements to find the right size.
3. What type of terrain is best for mountain biking?
Mountain biking can be done on a variety of terrain, but most trails are classified as either single track or double track. Single-track trails are narrower and more technical, while double-track trails are wider and easier to navigate.
4. What should I wear while mountain biking?
You should dress in layers and wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes while mountain biking. Be sure to bring along sunscreen and insect repellent, and dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
5. Can I ride a mountain bike on the road?
Yes, you can ride a mountain bike on the road. However, most mountain bikes are not designed for long-distance road riding and may not be as comfortable or efficient as road bikes.
6. How do I clean my mountain bike?
You should clean your mountain bike after every ride, and give it a thorough cleaning at least once a week. Use a brush and soap to remove dirt and debris, and be sure to lubricate the chain after cleaning.
7. How often should I have my mountain bike serviced?
You should take your mountain bike in for a tune-up at least once a year, or more often if you ride frequently or in rough conditions. This will help keep your bike in good condition and ensure that it is safe to ride.
8. Which MTB cycle is best in India?
Some of the best MTB Cycle brands in India are –
9. Is MTB harder than road cycling?
Mountain biking is generally more challenging than road cycling, as it requires more strength and endurance. Mountain bikes also have wider tires and lower gears, which make them less efficient on paved roads.
10. How long does a mountain bike last?
With proper care and maintenance, a mountain bike can last for many years. However, the lifespan of a mountain bike may be shorter if it is used frequently or ridden in rough conditions.
11. Can the MTB bike be used on road?
Mountain bikes can be ridden on paved roads, but they are not as efficient as road bikes. Mountain bikes have wider tires and lower gears, which make them less suitable for long-distance road riding.
12. What is the difference between a hardtail and a full-suspension mountain bike?
A hardtail mountain bike has suspension in the front wheel only, while a full-suspension mountain bike has suspension in both the front and rear wheels. Hardtail bikes are typically lighter and more affordable than full-suspension bikes, but they are not as comfortable to ride on rough terrain.