Both SuperBottoms Diaper Basic and Uno are great options for cloth diapering, but they each have their own unique features.
SuperBottoms Diaper basic and Uno are both super absorbent, easy-to-use diapers that do not wick moisture.
They both have a plastic back sheet that keeps moisture away from the child’s skin keeping him (or her) dry and comfortable.
The article will go on to explain the differences between SuperBottoms Diaper Basic and Uno.
But first, let’s see what is a cloth diaper?
A cloth diaper is a type of reusable diaper. It consists of an outer waterproof shell, inner layers to wick moisture away from the child’s skin, and an absorbent core.
Cloth diapers are made up of three main components:
- A Waterproof Outer Shell
- The Inner Layers which can be either Synthetic or Natural Fibers
- The Absorbent Core
Cloth diapers are very similar to disposable diapers, with the exception that they can be reused.
They wick moisture away from the child’s skin making them ideal for use during overnight hours when there is no chance of a diaper change for several hours.
Read all about 12 Best Cloth Diapers in India with a Buying guide to make a smarter choice!
SuperBottoms Cloth Diaper
SuperBottoms is one of the most popular cloth diaper brands in India.
They have a wide range of cloth diapers to choose from, including their SuperBottoms Diaper Basic and Uno diapers.
Both the SuperBottoms Diaper Basic and Uno are made from high-quality materials and are very absorbent.
They feature a plastic back sheet that keeps moisture away from the child’s skin, keeping them dry and comfortable.
Let’s go over the features of SuperBottoms Diaper basic and Uno.
SuperBottoms Diaper Basic
1) The Outer Shell is made up of a durable waterproof fabric that will keep moisture away from the child’s skin.
2) The Inner Layers are made up of three layers of soft cotton that will keep the child’s skin dry and comfortable.
3) The Absorbent Core is made up of three layers of absorbent cotton that will soak up moisture quickly.
4) The Diaper has an elastic waistband and a Velcro closure for a snug, comfortable fit.
5) The Diaper is available in six different sizes to ensure a perfect fit for your child.
Buy SuperBottoms Diaper Basic online for an ultra-comfortable & skin-friendly experience.
SuperBottoms Uno Diapers
1) Made of soft, 100% cotton twill with snap closures on each side.
2) One adjustable rise setting that fits most babies from 8-35 pounds.
3) Fits true to size, with a trim fit.
4) 3 layers of absorbency in the wet zone: an inner layer of microfiber terry, a middle layer of cotton batting, and an outer layer of waterproof PUL.
5) Laundry tabs on the wings help keep the velcro fasteners closed during laundering, prolonging the life of your diaper.
6) Plastic snap closures make it easier to get a good fit for the baby; also reduce wear and tear on the cotton outer fabric.
7) Two rows of 3×3 rise snaps that adjust for leg size (spaced every 2 inches). For newborns or younger babies, unsnap one or more rows to get a smaller fit.
8) No pocket necessary – the absorbency is built right in!
Buy SuperBottoms Diaper Uno online for a high-performance advanced cloth diaper.
What is the difference between SuperBottoms Diaper Basic and Uno?
On the surface, it may seem like there is little difference between SuperBottoms Diaper Basic and Uno.
However, there are some key differences that make them suitable for different situations.
- SuperBottoms Diaper Basic is designed around an all-in-one diaper. An all-in-one diaper means that everything you need to use the diaper comes together in one piece (the cover/shell).
- This includes the absorbent layers inside of the shell – this is usually made up of 2-3 layers of microfiber terry cloth or bamboo viscose. Another advantage of having all these absorbent layers combined with the waterproof layer is that it reduces how often you have to change your baby’s diapers.
- This also makes it easier for parents to change diapers in the night, as you do not need to worry about removing and re-sticking any sticky tabs for refastening.
- However, because it is an all-in-one diaper, this means that you cannot take the absorbent layers out of the shell and reuse them later – they will eventually become too soiled and need to be thrown away.
- Because there are no separate outside covers (for when they get dirty), we would recommend using these with a wrap-style cover over the top.
- Wraps can come in many different styles: waterproof PUL or fleece covers, wool wraps or even just large prefolds will do the job nicely. SuperBottoms offers some great high-quality wraps which are available from our online store.
- SuperBottoms Uno Diaper is designed as an economical two-part system.
- The absorbent pad inserts snap into a waterproof cover, which can be reused multiple times before needing to be washed.
- This makes it more economical in the long run, and also means that the inserts can be air-dried quickly – something which is not possible with all in one diaper, as the whole diaper needs to be air-dried.
- Another advantage of this two-part system is that it allows for greater customization and adjustability.
- For example, if your baby is starting to wet through their diapers more during the day, you can simply add an extra absorbent insert to their diaper.
- Or, if they are going through a growth spurt and producing much wetter diapers, you can add a doubler to their diaper. This flexibility in customization is not available with all-in-one diapers, since they have a fixed number of absorbent layers inside the shell.
- Another important aspect of this two-part system is that the shells can be washed and dried quickly in machines – i.e. separate from your other baby laundry – so there’s no need to air dry them overnight! SuperBottoms wraps are also made from high-quality materials which work well for babies with sensitive skin – such as our PUL or ‘breathable’ wool covers.
- In terms of price point, Uno shells cost slightly less than Basic jackets (i.e. covers), but it does work out cheaper in the long run as you only need to replace inserts as they get soiled, rather than the whole diaper.
SuperBottoms Diaper Basic & Uno are both great diapers, however, if you have a problem finding a cloth diaper that will keep your child dry I recommend either of these two products. They are also quite affordable and easy to use, so they may be worth trying before buying an entire pack of more expensive diapers.
So, which system is right for you? If you are looking for an all-in-one system that is easy to use and quick to dry, then SuperBottoms Diaper Basic would be a good option. However, if you are looking for a more economical two-part system with greater flexibility and adjustability, then SuperBottoms Uno Diaper would be a better choice.
We hope this has helped to clear up any confusion between the two systems!